The Great Canadian Snowshoe Race
8th Kingston Guides
Source: Sparkle '88 at Doe
Lake courtesy of the International Games session
Age: I'd think any age but for
sure Brownies (7+) and up
- newspaper sheets ripped into quarters
(about 40cmx60cm?) (one pair for each team plus a few
- Its a relay game. Divide group into even
teams (about 5 kids per team but its flexible).
- Give the first person on each team a set
of snowshoes (2 pieces of paper).
- They put the snowshoes on the ground and
stand on them.
- On "GO" they shuffle to the
other end of the area, around the thing and back to the
- If a snowshoe is lost then they have to
shuffle back to it and if it becomes ripped they have to
go to the "store" - one leader has extra
snowshoes and is standing relatively equal distance from
each team,- and they must start their turn again.
- The winner is the team who finishes first
with snowshoes in "good" shape (i.e. no rips or
tears or only small ones). It should be noted that sock
feet don't work very well with this game.
Its really fun and everyone cheers each other