Globe & Candles Guide Enrollment Ceremony
Sparks Guider, Pathfinder Guider, Craft Trainer, Potential Trainer, Chair of Division Composite Camp, District Commissioner
Central Area, Ganaraska Division, Sugarbush District
- large Globe of the World
- 1 large blue candle
- 1 large white candle
- 7 small white candles
- 11 small Blue candles
- pasticine or small candle holders
- Globe is placed in the centre of a table
- Horseshoe is formed
- As the large blue candle is lit and placed on one side of the globe the Guide Promise is said by the entire Unit.
- As the large white candle is lit on the other side of the globe, a leader recites the Aim of Girl Guides.
- Tenderfoot Guides to be enrolled will have the small candles.
- Guides will take turns reciting each Law - As a Law is read, a white candle is lit and placed in the plasticine and when finished, they will encircle the globe.
- The same is done with the Objectives - a blue one is lit and placed in between the white candles.
- Once all the candles are lit, proceed with Enrolment of the Tenderfoot Guides - this looks really nice if you are able to turn off the lights in the room.
When all of the Guides are enrolled:
As the candles circle this Globe of the World So does Guiding
Each small candle represents a Law or Objective
Leading towards the achievement of meeting the Aim
The keeping of the Promise
Let these flames show you the way.
Unit then sings: "On my honour"