Ziploc Ice Cream
Trainer, Brownie Leader, Program Specialist
Fair Winds Girl Scout Council
Flint, Michigan, USA
We made ice cream trick or treat style with
adults handing out ingredients and checking bags. We did it in
groups of up to 30 at a time. The recipe follows.
- 1/2 cup milk (it doesn't matter what kind,
whole, 2%, chocolate, etc.
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (you might try other
- Add these to a pint size zip lock freezer
bag and zip shut.
- Place that bag in a larger (quart or larger) zip lock bag
- Add ice to fill bag 1/2 way, 6 Tablespoons
salt (rock or regular)
- Zip that one shut and shake, turn, toss,
and mix the bag. In about 5-10 minutes you will have cold hands and yummy ice cream.
- Don't double this it doesn't seem to work.
- Be sure you get all the salt off the small bag before you open it.