Exeter, New Hampshire
Digital Equipment Corporation
1. Speak to people-there is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people-it takes sixty-five muscles to frown, only fifteen to smile.
3. Call people by name-the sweetest music to anyone's ear is the sound of their own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful-if you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial speak and act as if everything that you do is a real pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people-you can like everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise-cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of the feelings of others-it will be appreci- ated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinions of others-there are three sides to a controversy; yours, the other person's, and the right one.
10.Be alert to give service-what counts most in life is what we do for others.