Paper - Bag Pumpkin
Suffolk County Girl Scout Council
Long Island, New York, USA
- brown lunch bag
- two rubber bands
- green cotton chenille stem
- orange tempera paint
- sponge brush, scissors
- Prepare the bag. Cut bottom off bag leaving a tube shape. Gather bottom of bag together evenly. Secure with a rubber ban about 1" from the bottom. Turn bag inside out and flatten out bottom.
- Make the pumpkin. Stuff bag with newspaper. Shape bag into pumpkin shape. For stem, gather together and twist top of bag. Push down for pumpkin shape. Secure with rubber band. Paint pumpkin shape leaving wrinkles unpainted for contrast. Let dry.
- Finish up. Remove rubber band from top and replace with green stem. For vine, wrap ends of stem around a pencil. Remove pencil leaving vine spirals in tact.
Hints, Tips and Friendly Advice:
- You may want to add Jack-O-Lantern faces onto the pumpkins with black permanent markers or tempera paint. For apples, use red, green, or yellow paint!
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail