Girl Scouts of Genesee Valley
Western New York State, USA
- 3 assorted pieces of calico 4" X 5" (1 piece for each rose)
- artificial rose leaves
- green floral tape
- round wooden toothpicks
- sprig of dried baby's breath
- 1 16" piece of narrow ribbon
- Cut 3 pieces of fabric 4" X 5".
- Fold right sides together, and sew a 1/4" seam along the 5" side to form a tube.
- Turn right side out.
- Insert about 1" of the toothpick inside one end of the tube.
- Gather the fabric around the toothpick and hold a rose leaf along side the gathered fabric.
- Tightly wrap the gathered fabric and rose leaf with green floral tape.
- Puff the rose out with your fingers and fold the top of the fabric tube to the inside to form a rosebud.
- Wrap the three roses and baby's breath with floral tape. Tie with a ribbon.
A single rose bud would make a very nice tray favor for a nursing home or for meals on wheels.
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail