Pop Can Angels
Leader, Cadette Troop 727
Peacepipe Girl Scout Council
- pop can
- white spray paint
- flesh color acrylic paint, gold acrylic paint
- 1 inch ribbon with sheet music pattern(craft)
- pink chalk or blush
- black sharpee marker
- moss for hair
- gold pipe cleaner for halo
- paper twist(white) for wings
- glue, scissors, wire, small paint brushes, cotton swabs
- scrunch top of pop can - leave bottom straight so angel can stand (top should look like face of angel with mouth open to sing). Spray paint cans white (do this ahead of time).
- Paint the top of can flesh color for face. Let dry.
- Cut and shape halo out of gold pipe cleaner. Set aside.
- Cut and fold about 16-18" piece of paper twist in half and wire together for wings. Set aside.
- Along the bottom of can do a border with the gold paint(an easy decorative border can be made with bottom of small paint brush- dip in gold paint and make dit dots for flowers, and then dip in paint and dot on can in half circle without re dipping for consecutively smaller dots (makes a lacy look) make sure to help the girls by reminding them not to smear the dots accidentally.
- Do the face with the sharpee markers (cute with closed eyes and eyelashes) and a dot for nose(can opening is mouth).
- Use pink chalk or blush and blush the cheeks with cotton swabs.
- Glue on moss around top of face for hair and glue halo into hair.
- Glue paper wings on the back.
- Fold a 2" piece of sheet music ribbon in half and glue on to look like angel is holding music and singing.
Have the girls work slowly with border on bottom of can - good idea to take a break for snack to let front half dry and then paint back. (Tacky glue works best it is thicker and holds faster.)
Hints, Tips and Friendly Advice:
- Suitable for Junior (US: 9-11 years) or Cadette (US: 12-15) age girls.
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail