Cinnamon and applesauce make these cookie look-a-likes smell as sweet as they look.
- 3 3/4 ounce can of cinnamon plus extra for dusting
- large bowl
- tablespoon and mixing spoon
- waxed paper
- rolling pin and spatula
- small gingerbread-man cookie cutter
- toothpick and emery board
- slick pens
- buttons, beads, fabric scraps, rickrack, and other trim
- white glue
- ribbon for hangers
- Pour the can of cinnamon into the bowl. Add several tablespoons of applesauce and blend with the mixing spoon. Keep adding applesauce, a tablespoon at a time, to make a thick dough. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Lightly dust a piece of waxed paper and the rolling pin with cinnamon. Place the ball of dough in the center of the paper. Flatten the ball with your hand and then roll it 1/4" thick.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out the kids. Dust the spatula with cinnamon. Gently lift the kids and place them on a clean piece of waxed paper.
- Use the toothpick to make a hole in the top of each kid. Let the kids dry for at least 24 hours, turning them often.
- When the kids are thoroughly dry, sand any rough edges with the emery board. Decorate the kids and let dry.
- Use ribbon for hangers.
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail