Hanging Apple Potpourri
Girl Scouts of Genesee Valley
Western New York State, USA
- cortland apples
- lemon juice
- bay leaves
- dried nuts
- dried fruit
- ABC wooden block
- burlap cording, string or jute
- Thinly slice Cortland apples crosswise.
- Dip apples in lemon juice; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake slices in 250 degree oven for 3 hours or until dried.
- Drill hole through ABC block.
- Drill holes through nuts.
Girl Scout/Guide Preparation:
- Thread string through a nut and tie knot.
- Thread string through the ABC block.
- Thread string through the apples, fruit, bay leaves etc., alternating as desired.
- Tie Ribbon into a bow and tie on top of fruit.
- Tie the top of the string into a loop for hanging purposes.
** Juniors and older girls can do this preparation themselves with adult supervision.
Hints, Tips and Friendly Advice:
- Safety: Not suitable for those with nut allergies!
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail