Michelle M. Berry
South Division, Ottawa Area
- leaves that are in good condition, the larger the variety, the better
- boiling water
- brush of some sort
- bleach if you want them white or paint if you wish to colour them
- colored construction paper
- Heat a saucepan of water and when it is close to boiling, add the leaves.
- Simmer the leaves until the leafy part starts to come away from the veins of the leaves
(approximately an hour).
- Carefully remove the leaves from the water and lay them flat to cool.
- Using the brush, gently brush away the leafy parts from the veins of the leaves.
- Place the leaf skeletons into water with approximately one teaspoon of bleach. Let sit for
an hour. Once you remove them, rinse them gently under cold water. Place on coloured
construction paper to view.
- If you are planning on painting the leaf skeletons, do not bleach them, instead paint
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail