Campbellford, Ontario, Canada
- felt - various colours blue/yellow, green/white (one felt square makes 4 book covers)
- embroidery floss - yellow/white
- cardboard for patterns
- 9 small good beads
- 1 meter of yellow 1/4 inch ribbon
- small amount yellow thread
- needle big enough to thread ribbon through
- glue, scissors, needles, pinking shears
- Cut felt square into 4 pieces or cut 5 1/2 " X 4 1/2" for cover inside page is 3 1/2" X 5 ".
- Pink around edges.
- Glue logo, or your initials or your own design onto front of book. Insert page and sew in seam to attach page.
- Bring the needle up through the center of where you want your trefoil to be centered. Leave a 1 inch tail at the back. Loop the ribbon into a circle.
- Bring the needle down into the center. Pull the ribbon to make a 1/2 inch loop. Continue making two more loops on either side of the first one. Make sure all loops are even and the ribbon is not twisted. Make the stem straight down and bring back through centre.
- Sew a gold bead to the centre of each point of the trefoil and to the center and bottom of stem.
- Make border around trefoil by sewing beads to corner pieces.
- Use ribbon the hold the page into the book and tie in a bow on the outside.
- Insert your needles in page.