- twist ties - 2 for each girl (about 4 inches long)
- embroidery floss - all colours
- white glue
- paint (not necessary - we never added faces)
- Bend a twist tie in half to make a body. The twist tie will look like
an upside-down "U". The 2 ends of the twist tie will be the Pocket Person's
legs. The loop at the top witll be the head.
- Twist the other twist tie around the middle of the "U" but close to tht
top - you are adding the arms, so they are nearer the head than the feet.
(ie. lay the 2nd twist tie down so it crosses the 1st one like a t (small
"t"), then take both ends of the 2nd one and pull them to the opposite
- Trim the length of the arms to a reasonable length.
- Twist the Pocket Person's body, under the arms, to form the torso.
- Now you have the loop (or fold) for the head, arms added, a torso and 2
- Choose a colour for your pocket person's hair. Be creative! We had
green hair with blue heads and wonderful combinations!)
- Measure out how long you'd like the hair to be and cut a few pieces of
embroidery floss that is double that length. We had some as long as the
body, some almost not there!
- Tie the hair to the loop at the top of the head. Be creative - braid it
if you like!
- Glue one end of a piece of embroidery floss to the Pocket Person. Wrap
the floss tightly around the twist tie - we started with the head. Wrap
enough until the head looks a nice size. Then cut the floss and glue the
other end in place.
- Repeat step 9 for the arms and torso - don't wrap RIGHT to the tips of
the hands or feet, though, unless you plan to use glue to prevent the floss
from falling off the tips. USE LOTS OF COLOUR!
- Now fold up the ends of the twist ties on the arms and the legs to make
hands and feet.
- We glued pins onto the back to pin them to a camp hat.
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail