Little Clay Pot Candles
Girl Scouts of Southeastern Pennsylvania Council
- small clay flower pot (about 2 1/2" tall)
- 1/2" ribbon (any color or print)
- small sponge
- paint - any colors but works best with a dark and a light color (red or green and white look great for the holidays)
- very little bauble - tiny silk flower ornament, pine cone, etc.
- small candle approx. 2 1/4" tall and 1 1/2" wide - any color but looks best if you match the color of the dark paint
- Paint the clay pot with the light color paint.
- When dry, sponge paint over light paint with dark paint but do not completely cover the light - paint sparingly so that you leave patches of light.
- When dry, tie ribbon around mouth of clay pot (I find it works best if I glue it in place).
- Glue bauble onto middle of bow. Insert candle.
Hints, Tips and Friendly Advice
- When sponge painting, be sure not to put too much paint on the sponge. The amount of light paint that you want showing is entirely up to you.
- When burning candle, be sure not to let it burn down to far.
- Scented candles work very well. I love to use the pine scented one around the holidays.