Puzzle Piece Wreath
Puzzle Piece Wreath - Idea 1
Montachusett Girl Scout Council
- puzzle pieces, small size; about 20-25 for each wreath.
- red ribbon, about 30 - 36 inches
- optional: paint
Place puzzle pieces end to end, forming a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Glue a second row of pieces to the first, offsetting the pieces (half over one piece and half over the next piece). Add a third row if possible. Allow to dry. Wrap wreath with red ribbon and tie end together in a bow. You may also choose to spray paint these green before applying ribbon.
A great way to recycle those old puzzles!!
Jigsaw Puzzle Wreath Christmas Tree Ornaments
- old jigsaw puzzle (500 pieces or more)
- low temp glue gun
- heavy duty spray adhesive
- green spray paint
- acrylic spray paint
- small red fabric bows
- gold braided cord
- green glitter
- tube of red fabric paint
- Start gluing puzzle pieces together, picture side up, overlapping one piece UNDER CONNECTING EDGE and one piece OVER CONNECTING EDGE, forming a circle. Keep going and overlapping until wreath "looks" right, (in your humble opinion) !! Coat well with adhesive and allow to dry overnight.
- Next day, paint each wreath with green spray paint, covering each wreath really, really well. Let dry to touch and repeat process until uniform color is achieved, allowing each wreath to dry to touch between coats of paint. You may paint "backside" of wreath also, if you wish. Let wreaths dry at least 24 HOURS before proceeding !!
- Spray wreaths with heavy-duty adhesive and sprinkle or dip in green glitter. I use a disposable pie pan for this purpose. It helps to catch the overflow and to dip individually if more glitter is needed.
- Spray each wreath with acrylic or clear paint to set glitter. When dry, hot glue red fabric bow near the top of the wreath and paint 3 red dots to resemble holly berries in a triangle pattern. Cut gold braided cord to desired length and hot glue to back of wreath to form loop. Sign and date back of ornament with a paintball pen. Attach a wire hanger and your original Christmas Wreath Tree Ornament will be remembered for years to come !!!!
- You may also center a school picture behind the wreath and hot glue to make a picture ornament.
Craft Index || Return to Welcome Page or Index Page || Send us Mail