Girl Scout Council of Greater St. Louis
- 1 tall, dripless candle
- 1 8" round plastic plate
- 1 clear, 2-liter soda bottle
- 8" ribbon (1/"8 or 1/4" wide)
- silk flower(s)
- hot glue (can substitute caulking at camp or with younger girls)
- 1. Remove lid from bottle.
- Cut around bottle about 5" from the top (discard bottom section).
- Trim top section so that it sits flat
- Attach flower to the center of the plate with hot glue or caulking.
- Attach lid to plate so that flower is 'captured' inside the 'dome'.
- Tie ribbon(s) around the neck of the bottle.
- Add a pinch or two of glitter through the bottle opening.
- When glue (or caulking) dries, insert candle.
I used a large daisy and 3 1/4"-ribbons in blue, green, and white with a green plate. Substitute what goes in the dome as needed: at camp use pine cones and acorns, for beach themes use shells and sand rather than glitter, for Valentines use candy and a rose bud.
Hint, Tip and Friendly Advice: