few drops water
1 drop green food colouring
1/4 cup flaked coconut
48 vanilla wafers
24 chocolate covered peppermint patties (small)
A little ahead:
Colour the coconut.
In a small screw-top jar, combine the few drops of water and green food colouring.
Add the coconut, cover and shake until all of the coconut is tinted.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place half of the vanilla wafers, flat side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Top each with a peppermint patty.
Place in oven for about 1 minute (watch carefully), just until the chocolate begins to soften.
3. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon tinted coconut.
Top with another vanilla wafer and press gently.
4. Using a pastry brush, or clean finger, brush the tops of the vanilla wafers with
just enough water to moisten so the sesame seeds will stick
5. Sprinkle each cookie with a little sesame seeds.
And voila, 24 tiny hamburger-shaped cookies with vanilla wafer "sesame seed buns",
peppermint "meat" patties and coconut "lettuce"!
Used by permission from Guidestuff, Spring 1989, Number 91