To make a dragon boat:
1. Fold a piece of paper in half lengthwise.
2. Fold one half into thirds (lengthwise again), folding in the opposite direction to the first crease.
3. Turn the paper over, and do the same with the other half.
4. Fold the ends over and staple into place.
5. Push the middle down so that it is flat and pushes the sides of the boat out.
6. Staple a dragon's head and tail at either end.
7. Decorate with crayons.
Note: We do not have a pattern to copy for the dragon's head and tail. Let the girls use their imagination to come up with the scariest or most colorful dragon. If anyone has a pattern that could help other Girl Guide and Girl Scout Leaders with this activity, please send it to us!
Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of Tres Condados Council, California, USA
Former Brownie Guider and County Hillwalking Adviser, UK
[ Return to China Index ] [ Return to International Information and Activities Index ] [ Return to The GuideZone Main Index ]