- 4 1"x3/4" wooden spools
- 7" to 8" piece of 1 1/2" ribbon or lace
- 1 8" piece of 1/4" ribbon
- 1" wooden head bead (with or without face)
- 4 3/8" wooden screw buttons
- bit of curly doll hair
- mini straw doll hat (optional)
- Glue two of the spools together side by side. These are the legs. Glue two of the screw buttons over the holes on one side: these are the feet. Lay this on the table with the 'feet' facing you.
- Glue the second set of spools end to end. Glue the last two screw buttons over the end holes. This is the arm assembly.
- Gather with needle and thread the top edge of the 8" piece of wide ribbon or lace until you had a flower shape. Knot off. Glue this to the top of the leg assembly, with the feet sticking out from under the skirt. Glue the arm assembly on top of the skirt.
- If the head bead does not have a face, put one on it now. Glue the tuft of hair to the top of the head, trying to have it drape around the face. If you have chosen to put a hat on, glue it to the top now. Then glue the head to the top of the arm assembly.
- Finally, take the narrow piece of ribbon, and fashion a bow. Glue this under the chin. Ribbon and small flowers may be glued onto the hat, depending how elaborate you wish to make this craft.